PRE-REQUISITE: QUERY RESULT CALLBACK URL FOR WEBHOOKS
Amzpecty requires Callback URL for Webhook data push API notifications. They let your app know the query results (including data payload). The callback URL must be globally accessible, using https POST protocol, and with a valid SSL certificate. Amzpecty may not be able to successfully send webhooks to self-signed SSL certificates.
In Java, you may use HttpServlet with the doPost method to receive the Amzpecty data payload. In other programming languages, you may implement the same equivalent solution. You may implement your webhook listener using any programming language that supports HTTPS Post protocol.
Please make sure your Callback URL is ready and entered in the Amzpecty Dashboard https://api.amzpecty.com/preferences. After Amzpecty is done looking up data, Amzpecty will HTTPS Post to this URL the JSON formatted result data. When AMZPECTY_CALLBACK_URL header is added into the request call, it will take precedence over the Preferences Callback URL settings.
An http header named AMZPECTY-API-SECRET-KEY will be included in the https post for the webhook listener to validate the request’s origin.
STEPS AND PROCEDURE
- Make an Add call [ Add Item Id to Walmart Snapshot Query Queue ] to put your request to query queue.
- Amzpecty API server will make a call to your Callback URL to send the results as soon as search is completed.
- Your application may use the rid from the Add call response to match the callback to your original request.
You don’t need to make the optional Get query unless considerable time has elapsed, and no callback is received. Please refrain from making successive Add calls of the same Item Id.
- Request/Response data encoding should be UTF-8
Contact support for custom URL for exclusive or custom servers.
- All data exchange connections between Amzpecty and peer must be through HTTPS (SSL/TLS) with valid SSL certificate.
- Amzpecty will issue a secret key for request authentication (parameter name is secretKey) – The secret key can be found on Preferences Page > Amzpect API > Your API Secret Key.
QUERY RESPONSE TIME
While we do our best to process all query requests in a timely manner, we do not guarantee the timeliness of the result callback. Please consider response delays in your implementation.
Please ensure your requests are set at least 1-2 seconds interval to avoid rejected API calls. We have checks in place to avoid excessive burst requests. Please contact support for exceptions on custom servers.
Credit is only deducted upon successful retrieval of data after an ADD call. Get calls like Get by RID will not deduct any credit.
Credits reset every last day of the month. Unused credits do not carry forward to the next month.